Tomorrow will be April 1st and it looks to be a very busy month. I need to remind you that April 2-3 4th and 5th grade will be taking the STAAR Test, so parents will not be allowed in the building. You will not be allowed to volunteer or come for lunch on those days.
Tuesday night April 2 is DCE Night at Spring Creek bar-b-que. This is a fun and easy fund raiser for our school. You get to eat out and DCE makes money. What could be better? Oh you want me to serve you? Okay, come between 6:30-7:00pm and I will be there to help serve you, fill your drinks etc. Last time 3D was one of the classes that had the biggest % to come and we all got a gift card and a t-shirt. I would love to see 3E win, and 3D you can win again too. I believe the top 3 classes get the reward.
Third grade STAAR test is not until the end of April. Kids are starting to talk and unfortunately there are rumors about STAAR that have some kids worried. You do not have to pass STAAR to go on to 4th grade. See last week's blog for more information on STAAR.
Next Week
Reading & Social Studies: Reading nonfiction for information, sequence of events, How does technology make our lives better?
Language Arts: How do I edit my writing to make it better? How can I use adjectives and vivacious verbs to make my writing better.
Math: More geometry, telling time quarter to---- and quarter after-----
No comments:
Post a Comment