They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel.

They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Week 4 Let's Read

The kids have been so excited this week because the book fair was getting set up and they just can't wait. I love that they are all so excited about reading. Many have been reading books from the Bluebonnet list and filling out forms about the books they have read. During DEAR(drop everything and read) time, they really focus on reading and are disappointed when the bell rings to end DEAR. After lunch, I read to the class for 15 min. and they beg for more. I would read to them all afternoon, but  we do need to get to math, science & social studies. I have been a lifelong reader, and I hope that these kids are too. So much knowledge, wisdom, and adventure can be found in books.

Next Week:
Language Arts & Reading-abbreviations for days of the week, months of the year, acronyms, and initials; writing a 1st draft; understanding what you read

Math: recognizing and understanding place value when estimating number combinations

Social Studies: How & Why communities change over time

Science: Properties of Matter; solids,liquids, gases

Please look left for important dates.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the information and for the reminder to check the blog! Always informative!

    ReplyDelete